Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Atu Stripper And Aspen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Tonu

Tonu

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 02:37 PM

Hi to all,

My best wishes for the new year 2009 to all :-

Zooming directly to my intention of starting this topic is :

1. I have just been assigned a JOB of doing the simulation for our ATU[Amine Treating Unit] stripper column using ASPEN PLUS
Being a tyro in using this software :-

i have tried around 15 times to run my simulation by inserting the design data for the column, the inlet stream composition ,tried to simulate step by step, and even backwards i.e tried to simulate the main column directly by inserting the packages, the inlet feed condition and checkng the distillate,

But everytime i get some or the other error :

1. Check you cold stream outlet temp (i get this error when i have simulated the HX to no prob and then connecting it to the main column )

2. Your following trays have dried 19 20 21 22 23 , ( This is the most frequent error i get......and actually i am stuck up here )

3. YOUR CO2 was not balanced in pump P04A-b, etc(and such type of errors..)
My Apprehensions exactly are :-

a. WHY ARE THE errors above showing up, I mean i am just mechanically entering the data for a Column which is already up and running ,,,I have used the DESIGN DATA ,,,,then why these many errors...?

please give some help in this regard.

b.FOR THE PROPERTY METHOD : I am using the KEMDEA package available in ASPEN plus in the electrolyte inserts
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN the KEMDEA PACKAGE available in DATA package of ASPEN plus and KEMDEA available in ELECTROLYTE inserts and also the diference of two with EMDEA package available in ELECTROLYte Inserts ?

c. How do we design the reboiler duty ?

PLEase give me some insights into the following and back working of ASPEN plus,

I am a fresher and any suggestions in this regard would be highly helpful and appreciated..!

looking forward to unlock my knowledge gates....!

Thanking You,,

Ankit.