Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Nfpa Technicall Committee Membership

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Doggert

Doggert

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:33 AM

Hi all,

This is just a quick call to see if any of you have ever heard of, or been a part of, an NFPA Technical Committee.

I just recently renewed my membership to NFPA, and the call out for Technical Committee members popped up while I was looking through the site.

It looks interesting, however gives no indication of the types of credentials required (if any), other than to mention that they are looking for many different "levels" in the committee I am interested in.

Do any of you have experience with these committees? If so, do you find them helpful for your work - or are they a hindrance? Do you know the general level of expertise present in these committees (is it truly all "levels" - meaning from Bachelor graduate engineer to professor, or are there minimums)?

Sadly, much of this information that I would find useful is not on the site. Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

#2 Qalander (Chem)

Qalander (Chem)

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 829 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (Doggert @ Jun 30 2009, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

This is just a quick call to see if any of you have ever heard of, or been a part of, an NFPA Technical Committee.

I just recently renewed my membership to NFPA, and the call out for Technical Committee members popped up while I was looking through the site.

It looks interesting, however gives no indication of the types of credentials required (if any), other than to mention that they are looking for many different "levels" in the committee I am interested in.

Do any of you have experience with these committees? If so, do you find them helpful for your work - or are they a hindrance? Do you know the general level of expertise present in these committees (is it truly all "levels" - meaning from Bachelor graduate engineer to professor, or are there minimums)?

Sadly, much of this information that I would find useful is not on the site. Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

Dear Hello/Good Night,

Kindly see your Control Panel and the PM(Personal Message) reply in this connection.