Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Standard Orifice Size Of Breather Valves

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 kpavan

kpavan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:21 PM

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me the standard orifice sizes for breather relief valves?

Thanks in advance,
Pavan

#2 latexman

latexman

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:47 AM

Your question is somewhat confusing because you have combined the traditional names of two separate relief devices into one. You combined breather vent and pressure relief valve and I'm not sure what you want. Breather vent units do not come in "standard orifice sizes" like pressure relief valves, so you are probably asking about those.

Have you used the Search or Advanced Search functions of the site to see if your question has already been answered?

#3 proinwv

proinwv

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 391 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:17 AM

Pavan, Latexman is correct.

Having said that, look to the manufacturers catalogs. They will also have flow curves which are helpful.

#4 CMA010

CMA010

Gold Member

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:46 PM

Your question is somewhat confusing because you have combined the traditional names of two separate relief devices into one. You combined breather vent and pressure relief valve and I'm not sure what you want. Breather vent units do not come in "standard orifice sizes" like pressure relief valves, so you are probably asking about those.

Have you used the Search or Advanced Search functions of the site to see if your question has already been answered?

In some parts of the world the term breather valve is an often used synonym for conservation vent.

#5 kpavan

kpavan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:29 AM

Thanks to all of you for reply.

Sorry for the confusion, as rightly said by CMA010 we use the term breather valve instead of breather vent and breather valve is a vacuum/pressure relief valve, so i used the term like that.

Latexman,
You are right, my main question is "Does Breather valves have standard relief orifice sizes like pressure relief valve". I have searched/checked the forum, and API-2000,560...but i didn't find the answer. But what/where ever i have searched, i have got the sizes like 2", 3",... and 2"x3", 3"x4" .... and so on. So i am little curious to know whether any standard orifice sizes for breather valves are there or not.

Paul,
I am going through the curves.