Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Adjust And Set Pro Ii

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 man_in_black

man_in_black

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:42 AM

Dear All,
ive just started using Pro II after using HYSYS for a year now, my question is there something in PRO II equivilant to the Adjust and Set tools in HYSYS?
thanks in advance

#2 djack77494

djack77494

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:44 AM

I'm sorry to not be more helpful, but I did the opposite translation about a year and a half ago. I know that ProII has similar "control" functions though I cannot recall the names of the functions and I don't have access to ProII now. Good luck. It is there and it works quite similarly.

#3 joerd

joerd

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 371 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 11:24 PM

I used Pro/II quite a bit up to 5 years ago, much has moved to dustier corners of my memory.
Pro/II has something called a DEFINE statement, that works like a SET in Hysys, but it is not a separate unit operation, it is just part of a unit operation specification. Also, it has CALCULATOR and STREAM CALCULATOR blocks that can sometimes be used, but to copy streams (like a Balance operation) you would use a REFERENCE STREAM, near the beginning of the input file.
Then, Pro/II does adjust-like things with SPECIFY and VARY statements.

Best thing to do is get a hold of a keyword input manual, that describes everything you ever wanted to know about Pro/II but were afraid to ask.

You will have noticed that my responses exclude the use of Provision, I have very limited experience with that, and could easily accomplish what I needed using the keyword input, plus I found things could be set up quickly and easily using a keyword input. Frankly, when I started using Hysys I was actually looking for some sort of keyword mode, to facilitate checking and understanding other people's simulations.

#4 dattatray kolte

dattatray kolte

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:11 PM

Dear All,
ive just started using Pro II after using HYSYS for a year now, my question is there something in PRO II equivilant to the Adjust and Set tools in HYSYS?
thanks in advance

U can use controller. i think it has the same function.