Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Water Network Analysis

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 rajesh3435

rajesh3435

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:01 AM

Hi,

Project related to provide a water facility to each of the building with wet riser to 10 inter-connected water tanks from the existing ring header which is spread around 4 km. This facility has to be provided for  64 buildings altogether. All the calculations has been done using EPANET. But it is creating a confuse to the client when they are reviewing it by node by node flow distribution.

Hence they are recommended us to show in a graphical representation.

Kindly provide me is there any software to show the variations in distributing the flow during the peak consumption.

Is it possible to run it in HYSYS ?  

Regards,

Rajesh 

#2 serra

serra

Gold Member

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:42 AM

I must presume that actually you have access only to Epanet (which is free),

(otherways there would be no reasons to ask about a $$$ software)

sure there are many good tools which can do the work,

there are free tools such as Epanet

and commercial tools as  AFT, Pipeflow, Fluidflow etc. etc.

#3 gegio1960

gegio1960

Gold Member

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:25 AM

I'm used to solve this kind of problems with excel models (plus solver) where you can easily couple a simplified diagram of the system.

Alternatively, you could also transfer your epanet solution data to the excel diagram avoiding the management of hydraulics.

The hysys model would be very complicated.

For a more detailed answer, I should give a look to the specific data / system requests.

Good luck!

Edited by gegio1960, 17 March 2015 - 10:25 AM.

#4 rajesh3435

rajesh3435

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:05 AM

Actually is there any software to show the dynamic simulation , how the flow will be distributed to entire network. I need to show the variation in the flow which has to be animated with modelling near the tanks discharge or suction when there is a consumption at different points.

Can u please suggest ASAP

Regards,

Rajesh 

#5 Zauberberg

Zauberberg

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:21 AM

I think for what you need the likely products would be PipeNET Vision or, perhaps, something from the AFT software family or Fluid Flow.

#6 rajesh3435

rajesh3435

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:10 AM

Actually by using the PIPENET i can calulate the pressure or flow at the end point. But my query is to show the multiple tanks filling rate and the discharge in different locations connected with a common ring header , when there is a  multiple consumption and peak consumption. So for this case i need to see the  distribution of the flow varies with respect to time when i am going to run the simulation. based on this i need to get the information how much time it takes to refill the tanks when it is completely going to be drained.

#7 Zauberberg

Zauberberg

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:24 AM

Hysys Dynamics could be a workable option. With properly defined tank volumes, piping network and valve flow coefficients, I believe you would obtain decently accurate results.

#8 serra

serra

Gold Member

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:21 AM

rajesh3435,

if you wish that someone here confirms that you can solve these problems with hysys Zauberberg has given a detailed answer,

but... take in account that a decent network solver with a simple integrator

(for those problems you do not need to solve partial derivatives with methods such as characteristics or finite elements)

can do the work,

AFT Fathom has an additional module, the same for competitors...

#9 rajesh3435

rajesh3435

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:07 AM

Thanks to all for the support. 

So generally for WATER NETWORK MODELLING , which will be the best software i can recommend that has to cover the entire water hydraulics/model system (Potable, utility, sprinkler network) as listed below

AFT Fathom

Pipe phase 

pipe net

Wanda

pipe sim