Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Obtain New Bips From Experimental Data With Chemcad

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Achso

Achso

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:27 PM

Hi,
I need your help about how to use the regress Bips in ChemCad. I have the experimental data of VLE of ethanol-water-ethylene glycol system.
I compared the VLE experimental data from the ChemCad and were different, so i need to to do this regression in order to obtain the new bips.
Therefore, I did the regression but i obtained almost the same values of bips that ChemCad has. Attach you can find the comparasion between experimental data and ChemCad.
The other possibility is to edit the bips, i got some bips from the literature but these bips are from the hysys. I used the same bips for
ChemCad 6.2 but my simulation gave me wrong results.

I appreciate your recommendations and your help,

Achso...

Attached Files

#2 milenkom

milenkom

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

Hi,
I need your help about how to use the regress Bips in ChemCad. I have the experimental data of VLE of ethanol-water-ethylene glycol system.
I compared the VLE experimental data from the ChemCad and were different, so i need to to do this regression in order to obtain the new bips.
Therefore, I did the regression but i obtained almost the same values of bips that ChemCad has. Attach you can find the comparasion between experimental data and ChemCad.
The other possibility is to edit the bips, i got some bips from the literature but these bips are from the hysys. I used the same bips for

Achso...

Mate, I had a look into your excel spreadsheet. I'm not sure why doesn't your chemcad and experimental curves match. Because I did regression in Chemcad myself and I got perfect fit. In fact it was so good that for a minute I wasn't sure If I actually got two curves on the graph. Also please don't just enter BIPs from Hysys into Chemcad without checking first how BIP equation is defined in both simulators. It could be that signs of BIPS are opposite - instead of + and vice versa.

Edited by milenkom, 26 April 2010 - 05:33 PM.

#3 Achso

Achso

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:09 AM

Hi,

Achso...

Mate, I had a look into your excel spreadsheet. I'm not sure why doesn't your chemcad and experimental curves match. Because I did regression in Chemcad myself and I got perfect fit. In fact it was so good that for a minute I wasn't sure If I actually got two curves on the graph. Also please don't just enter BIPs from Hysys into Chemcad without checking first how BIP equation is defined in both simulators. It could be that signs of BIPS are opposite - instead of + and vice versa.

Hi, that is good news that both curves match. Please can you tell me the procedure that you follow to do the regression in ChemCad because i supposed that i did some mistakes when i did my regression.
Thanks for your reply.

#4 milenkom

milenkom

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:58 PM

Hi,

Achso...

Hi, that is good news that both curves match. Please can you tell me the procedure that you follow to do the regression in ChemCad because i supposed that i did some mistakes when i did my regression.
Thanks for your reply.

Sorry mate, It seems I have made a mistake. Which thermophysical package did you use to regress the data?

#5 Achso

Achso

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:47 AM

Hi,

Achso...

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry mate, It seems I have made a mistake. Which thermophysical package did you use to regress the data?

Hi, the thermophysical package that i used was NRTL (Regress TPxy VLE data), please tell me if i did some mistakes.

#6 Zauberberg

Zauberberg

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:53 PM

See if this is of some help - I'm not an expert on the subject: http://www.cheresour...idatingzz.shtml

#7 Aaron Herrick

Aaron Herrick

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:22 PM

Hi, the thermophysical package that i used was NRTL (Regress TPxy VLE data), please tell me if i did some mistakes.

That thermo should do fine, If you attach your data I'll see what I can do.