Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Advise On Htri And Heat Exchanger Design

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 edycastillo

edycastillo

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 01:36 PM

Hi,

Well I,m starting to use HTRI design program for shell and tube exchanger, for know i,m just designing sensible heat transfer liquids and I whant to learn the faster I can in order to start doing more types of equipment and the only way is self studing. What I most design is for petrochemical industry and power industry.

I would like some suggestions in:

1.- what to look in order to try to define a heads to star when I look the the problem (T.E.M.A. A, B, C, N, D).

2.- Also for rear ends, I know that it depends if I need a removable tube bundle or tubesheet ( I can see that if I have a big differencia thermal expansion and I dont whant to use or I can use expansion joints, I need to use floating heads or U, also depends how do I whant to clean, and very important the client) but My doubt is for stationary tubesheet (L, M, N) What are the main differences to look (mechanical, cleaning etc) and for floating heads (P, S, T, W) why I sould use floating head with backing device instead of pull through floating head or outside packed floating head. Also what is the function of the lantern ring, or use the tubesheet as a flange.

3.- Same some advise for shell, I know the difference between shell in pressure drop and efficiency and depends on the process, if there are any more suggestion on what to look other than this,

4.- My last doubt is in the final results sheet on HTRI I cant figure out what does the ratio of Nom ve, X-flow/Window means on the shellside performance part. And if you have any other suggestion in what I should look carefully in order to optimize my area, suggested velocities on nozzle, shell and tubeside.

Well thank you and if you have any more comments that you think will help me becoming a better engineer they are welcome.

Again thank for all and have a good day.