Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

- - - - -

Design Of Air Cooled Heat Exchanger For Heating Room

heating system lmtd effectiveness ntu solar application fan forced convection

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Awas

Awas

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

Respected Seniors and Friends

I am a new in this forum . I am doing a master thesis on the Design of Water to Air heat Exchanger for Heating a Building or Room .My task is that I have to utilize the hot water whose intel temperature in a heat exchanger is Tin=80 C which has to exchange with air at an inlet Tempertaure T air =20C.Outlet tempearture of Air is  Tair, out = 26 C which is for our requirement to heat a room. For this I have to calculate the no of tubes , heat transfer surface area and lenght of tube required . After getting my result I have to order it and install it practically for a heating system.

I have the follwoing queries which is given as :-

1.How I have to find these  Calculation (no of tubes , length and surface area )

2.Is induced fan is suitable for this application .How I use  fan calculation in LMTD or NTu Method.

3.I am very confused about Fin calculation .It seems to be difficult calculation. Should I inculde in it . How i can use it.

3.What should i take Air inlet vellcotiy and water inlet velocity.

It would be really appreciate if you please send me the Excel file calculation and realted any reference pdf  books here.

Thanking you in anticipation

Regards

Awais