Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Converging Cryogenic Air Separation In Hysys

5 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 rgc1994

rgc1994

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:46 PM

Hello, I am having trouble trying to converge a Linde double column arrangement in Hysys. Since I have linked the common heat exchanger between the HP and LP columns I am unable to converge the LP column aiming to achieve 99% LOX. I have tried changing solvers, changing many specifications and adding balance blocks to no avail. I have noticed several simulations of ASUs have been posted on the site but most are incomplete so I have no solid reference flowsheet. Any advice and help on converging my simulation would be massively appreciated. Thanks.

I have attached the hysys file as .xml so it should open in most versions

Attached Files

#2 rgc1994

rgc1994

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:59 PM

This attachment is the converged flowsheet before a common cond/reb is added, where clearly the duties are not equal

Attached Files

Edited by rgc1994, 23 March 2017 - 06:16 AM.

#3 stratovona266

stratovona266

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:32 PM

Do you guys happen to have a a cryogenic air separation unit model that only produces oxygen?

#4 EdenHuang

EdenHuang

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:24 AM

Hello, I am having trouble trying to converge a Linde double column arrangement in Hysys. Since I have linked the common heat exchanger between the HP and LP columns I am unable to converge the LP column aiming to achieve 99% LOX. I have tried changing solvers, changing many specifications and adding balance blocks to no avail. I have noticed several simulations of ASUs have been posted on the site but most are incomplete so I have no solid reference flowsheet. Any advice and help on converging my simulation would be massively appreciated. Thanks.

I have attached the hysys file as .xml so it should open in most versions

Would like to share your experience in converging this problem? I also found that the duties of reboiler of LP and condenser of HP column have a relatively large difference. 

#5 fahadrahman23@gmail.com

fahadrahman23@gmail.com

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2023 - 07:08 AM

This attachment is the converged flowsheet before a common cond/reb is added, where clearly the duties are not equal

#6 fahadrahman23@gmail.com

fahadrahman23@gmail.com

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2023 - 07:09 AM

Hi I am trying to download the com file but I can not. Is the link still active.