Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Side Stripper Vs Separate Column

2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 waheed2020

waheed2020

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 January 2024 - 10:42 PM

I have a question. I am designing a distillation column for refining pyrolysis oil to obtain C9 fraction from the oil C5-C50 carbons in Aspen plus for my paper.

What will be the best configuration Atmospheric tower and getting the C9 from the side stripper

or

Atmospheric tower then getting naphtha from side stripper and then naphtha is feed to a radfrac column

If the number of plates in the side stripper of C9 and radfrac are the same. Can I compare?

I have checked literature where the naphtha stripper has 5 plates. Can it be more or is it a standard?

#2 fallah

fallah

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 4,955 posts

Posted 14 January 2024 - 01:47 AM

I have a question. I am designing a distillation column for refining pyrolysis oil to obtain C9 fraction from the oil C5-C50 carbons in Aspen plus for my paper.

What will be the best configuration Atmospheric tower and getting the C9 from the side stripper

or

Atmospheric tower then getting naphtha from side stripper and then naphtha is feed to a radfrac column

If the number of plates in the side stripper of C9 and radfrac are the same. Can I compare?

I have checked literature where the naphtha stripper has 5 plates. Can it be more or is it a standard?

Plates???!

Do you mean tray?

#3 waheed2020

waheed2020

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 January 2024 - 11:55 AM

Yes number of trays