Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Process Tank Volume Measurement

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Mainak Sarkar

Mainak Sarkar

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:58 AM

Please help me to calculate the volume of Process tank both in horizontal & Vertical position, with different heads such as spherical, Toro spherical etc.

#2 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:26 AM

Mainak :

You can use my Excel workbook, "Vessel Volume", which I have distributed for years through these Forums. It will do all that you need plus more.

Use your interest and fingers through the Search feature for these Forums and you will find it:
http://www.cheresources.com/invision/index...=1557&st=25

You can download it immediately and start using it.

I hope it helps you out.

#3 Mainak Sarkar

Mainak Sarkar

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:13 AM

Thank you sir, but I am not finding your exel programme, also I am asking about the formula for the same.

#4 JoeWong

JoeWong

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:18 AM

Spent some time ou will get it...

Login and check out this link.

#5 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:17 AM

Mainak:

Not only are you reluctant (or too lazy) to scroll down the given thread and read my post, but now you also add that you want the "formula".

Well, when you find the time to download my workbook, you will find that it took a goodly amount of engineering manhours to put it in the condition it is presently in. Addtionally, you will also find that I never employ a "formula" or equation without a reference, an explanation, or a derivation of the same. You will find all of that information in my workbook as well.

I recommend that you also spend some engineering time looking through our Forums for further information - which has been offered and uploaded for free to all who are willing to spend the time and effort looking for what they need.

#6 Mainak Sarkar

Mainak Sarkar

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:20 PM

Sorry Sir,

Initially I couldn't down load, so I asked irrelevant question. But now I down loaded the xl sheet. It contains all I want. It is really wonderfully described. I have gone through the whole document. Hopefully you will forgive me!!