Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Mpg Booster ? - Diesel/sprite Bubbler

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 TexomaEV

TexomaEV

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:58 AM

Folks, I'm trying to understand what is happening with a MPG Booster that I've installed in my car. I hope that you folks can tell me for sure what is happening, and maybe a way to actually make it more efficient. Please keep an open mind about it.

Here's what I've attempted to recreate -- A friend told me of a device he saw in a television interview of a gentleman who was improving his gasoline powered vehicle with a "Diesel Bubbler". I've built one from his best recall of the interview, and it is actually working, according to my realtime MPG display.

I've posted photos/blog of the device at:

www.flickr.com/photos/mbarkley/sets/72157622119364416/

Simply put, it's a container of 2/3 Diesel & 1/3 Sprite (yes that soda you drink), an airstone at the bottom of the container pushes external air (works best with hot air) through the sprite and on upward through the diesel, and then forced into the air intake of the gasoline engine.

This device is certainly helping with the MPG Boost effect, but I'm wondering if it could be fine tuned into something even better in the way of safety and performance. I'd also like to know for sure why it is helping, by explaining for sure what is happening with the addition of the device to the vehicle.

Thanks in advance, and I hope you don't think this is a joke or prank.