Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

254 High Alloy Austenitic Stainless Steel (Uns S31254)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 ankur2061

ankur2061

Gold Member

• Forum Moderator
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:10 AM

Does anyone have experience of using austenitic stainless steel "254" as a corrosion-resistant alloy specifically in environments susceptible to chloride stress corrosion cracking and hydrochloric acid acid-corrosion.

Would like to hear some opinion on this from members familiar with this material.

Regards,

Ankur.

#2 JAVilleg

JAVilleg

Brand New Member

• Store Customers
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

I wish I could give back to you at least a little bit of that much you give us all by sharing so kindly your extremely valuable knowledge, but I am sorry I cannot help you out on this one.

May our Lord bless you, best regards.

#3 Napo

Napo

Gold Member

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:39 PM

Dear Mr. Ankur,

I write you from Ecuador (South America), I am member of Cheresources few time ago, I have read your work in this site. Days ago I see in your Topics the following question:

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:10 AM

Does anyone have experience of using austenitic stainless steel "254" as a corrosion-resistant alloy specifically in environments susceptible to chloride stress corrosion cracking and hydrochloric acid acid-corrosion.

Would like to hear some opinion on this from members familiar with this material.

Regards,

Ankur.

If you need the information for design the overhead crude tower, my recommendation is:

You need to know the amount of salts (ptb) in your system, the recommendation is less 2 ptb. If you have over this value, you need to work firstly about the crude desalting after this the metallurgical choice is more easy.

About the austenitic stainless steel “254” I have read in the web, this can replace titanium or hastelloy!!!, but I don´t work with this alloy in our Refinery (3000 bpd). I attached you information about “254”.

http://www.langleyalloys.com/ALLOY254.php

http://www.nyk.co.jp/en/products/alloys/corrosion/254n.html

I hope the information will be useful for you.

Regards,

César Terán

Quito-Ecuador

Attached Files