Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Loss Of Blanketing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Butterfly

Butterfly

Gold Member

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:16 AM

Hello. I have an oili water separation recipient, operatign at 20 psig, design pressure 125 psig. It receives oily water from two different gas plants, and sent it to treatment.

The vessel has blanketing with fuel gas.

Both plants have different flare systems. The bigger one (Plant A) receives the connections from the vessel PSVs, flare conexions from the vessel, etc.

Ther is a work to be done in Plant A which will lead to the need of plant shut down and inerting of low P flare header. The blanketing connection comes from this header. There is a valve that allows to isolate the blanketing connection to the vessel, so there is no need of inerting it. But the blanketing connection is loss. Only the PSVs can continue working, cause they go to the High P lare header. Ther is also one PCV on the vessel which also send gas to the High P flare header.

My question is: can I have plant B in operation? Production water is sent to this oily water separator, which does not have now a blanketing connection.

Note: blanketing is done with fuel gas because is important that water remains without oxigen.

Thanks

#2 fallah

fallah

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 4,955 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:02 AM

Butterfly,

Please provide a simple sketch of the system you are describing. It would be more helpful than a written description.

Fallah