Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Mechanical Design For Pressure Vessels

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
100 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#26 Guest_katie_*

Guest_katie_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 13 April 2006 - 06:36 PM

hiya,

i would really appreciate it too if you can send me a copy of the pressure vessel design work book, as i am in similar position as adnan. thank you in advance

name: katie slater
email: reachk_slater@yahoo.com

#27 Guest_J Johnson_*

Guest_J Johnson_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:19 PM

Hello,

I will add my request for your pressure vessel design workbook and I thank you much for all of the knowledge I am gaining from this great site.

jjohns@ptialaska.net

#28 chemgirljaime

chemgirljaime

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:34 PM

I would LOVE a copy of this excel workbook.

e-mail: sag_goddess22@yahoo.ca

THANKS!

• guestGuests
  • 0 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 01:57 AM

Dear Sir, for a long time I have been watching you replying people quries but sometime I think
how a busy man like you get so much time to spare for others. I realy respect you.
But everybody cannot be like u and i have written so much also as i am also in deep requirement of the same book(Pressure vessel design excel sheet).
If you will send then I will greatful to you

Prasanna

#30 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (Art Montemayor @ Dec 5 2005, 07:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you post your full name, country or state, and University name I'll send you an Excel Workbook that I've prepared to help and orient your engineering graduates with respect to volumes and calibration of pressure vessels. Involved in this is the discussion of vessel heads and their application and geometry.

Hello Man ,

If not bothering you , I want to recieve same copy

Shabib Al Busaidi
Sultan Qaboos University , college of Engineering
From Sultanate of Oman

#31 imtinan mohsin

imtinan mohsin

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:24 PM

[DEAR ART,
I AM ALSO A CEMICAL ENGINEER.
PLEASE GIVE ME THE EXCEL WORKBOOK FOR MECHANICAL DESIGN.
imtinan_mohsin@yahoo.com
imtinan

#32 jennifer

jennifer

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:48 AM

Dear ART

my name is jennifer andi m interested to learn more about pressure vessel desigen.
I would be extremely grateful if you could please forward me a copy of your work book

name: jennifer
my email :trouble_koala@hotmail.com

warm regards

jennifer

#33 adrianaalya

adrianaalya

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:57 AM

Dear Art,

currently a chem eng student of Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS in Malaysia. goin to do my final year design project next sem. in preparing myself to it, im studyin some design of major equipment..realle impressed wif the effort of providing a work book of the mechi design of pressure vessel to all, juz read bout e design in GPSA, never thought that ASME would be useful..can u pliss forward it to me..for reference..realle appreciate ur help..

email:asryena@yahoo.com

#34 JeEJy

JeEJy

Brand New Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 04:46 AM

Dear Sir,
According you said, About a ChE student, I definitely need a strong background of Mechanic Engineering as well. I am now interesting in petroleum, petrochemical process design and piping design. Currently I could not follow any practical mechanical design although I have a lot of E-Book of them(I think it could be illegal to distribute here) . I would be greatful if you could transfer khow how to me. I think my country are not lack for technology but It was me - I not have opportunity to deal with that job but I try to learning for make my opportunity. Art, This web society colud help me a lot, thank you.

Name:Jirapon
University: King Monkut's Institue of Technology Ladkrabang
Contry: Thailand
E-mail: jeejyza@hotmail.com

#35 imtinan mohsin

imtinan mohsin

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 02:00 AM

Hi Art,
please send me the work book of mechanical design of pressure vessel .
my email is : imtinan_mohsin@yahoo.com
thanks imtinan

#36 bhagat

bhagat

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 12:19 PM

Dear Sir, Mr. ART

I will be greatful if you add your valuable workbook in my inbox

thank you very much.

Best regards.

bhagat.

email:abhagat@qatar.net.qa OR
bhagat.arvind@gmail.com

#37 behrooz

behrooz

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:58 AM

Please add me to the list of your workbook too.

Regards
Steve Robertson
Mechanical eng dept.
University of NSW
steve_2000_robinson@yahoo.com

• guestGuests
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:10 AM

Dear Art!

I'm a Chemical student of Russian oil and gas university.I would really appreciate it too if you can send me a copy of the pressure vessel design work book. At present, i am facing with many problems in design Prossure Vessel, your work book will be very helpful to me. Thank you in advance!

name: Dima
email: dhthdk@yahoo.com

#39 Guest_rizwan_*

Guest_rizwan_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 30 May 2006 - 03:50 AM

hi ART,

i am mech engg gradaute working in alfa-laval.plz do send me the work book.as it will be very help ful for me in daily work.

name rizwan
email- rizwanszaman@hotmail.com
location-india

#40 Guest_antony_*

Guest_antony_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:44 AM

hey,
i would really apreciate if you could send me a copy of your shhet, it would help me a lot...
Thank you very much
Name:Antony B
University: Ensam Paris
Contry: France
E-mail: youefo@hotmail.fr

#41 Guest_osman_*

Guest_osman_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:58 AM

Hi; Art Montemayor

Iam process engineer,Iwork in refinery for 2 years,Ihave intereste in pressure vessels & columns design ,Iwill be pleasure if you send me yuor spreadsheet
yuor responce is highly appreciate

my email:osmanbashir10@yahoo.com

#42 harsh

harsh

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:47 AM

Hi
I am third year chemical engg. we have subject in this sem as Process Equipment Drawing And Design-1 in which they have taught us pressure vessles (both subjected to internal and external pressure). you can use the following books:
Process Equipment Design by M.V.Joshi,Macmillan india.
Introduction to chemical equipment design-Mechanical aspect by B.C. Bhattacharyya,CBS publication
Process Equipment Design- Vessel Design by Lloyd E. Brownell and Edwin H. Young, John Wiley, New York 1963

#43 Guest_Paixão_*

Guest_Paixão_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:30 PM

Hello Mr. Art Montemayor,

I am a senior Mechanical Engineer, working at Alunorte Alumina do Norte do Brasil S.A. (please feel free to visit www.alunorte.net). I have to design a rectangular tank but unfortunately I don't have the Megyesy's Pressure Vessel Handbook anymore. I had it 10 years ago. I remember that his book has the most detailed procedure how to design wall reinforcements for a rectangular tank. I have the Lincoln's "Design of Welded Structures", but it isn't the same. Please help to have that Megyesy's information, and more, I would really appreciate if you forward your Pressure Vessel Work Book, I'm sure it will be very useful to me.

Please help me.

Thanks a million.

Name: José Paixão
Email: paixao@alunorte.net

My best regards.

#44 process equipment

process equipment

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 04:40 PM

Dear Art,

I'm continue involve in static equipment (vessles, columns, etc.) and I will really appreciate it if you could send me the pressure vessel design workbook.

My email: wati_design@hotmail.com

Thanks ,

PE

#45 Guest_Tan Chai Hui_*

Guest_Tan Chai Hui_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:37 AM

Dear ART

my name is James Tan, i m interested to learn more about pressure vessel desigen please forward
workbook forme

name: James Tan Chai Hui
Final Year in Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
my email is chtan1688@gmail.com
best regards
James

#46 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 01 September 2006 - 03:08 AM

Dear Mr Art Montemayor,
A very useful excel workbook it must be. Kindly send me a copy please.
I am Viji from South India reachable at vijisvr@gmail.com
Thanks for the useful discussion.

#47 gabo

gabo

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:37 AM

Dear Art,
I would be very greatful to you if you could forward me the pressure vessel workbook. I am working on this topic as a part of my thesis for my ChE degree.
NAME:Gabriel
6th Yr CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
Facultad de Ingeniería, Uruguay
EMAIL:gmachado@fisica.edu.uy

Thanks

#48 Guest_Dhawi_*

Guest_Dhawi_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:50 PM

Hi Art;

I am a mechnical student intersting in pressure vessel design. Could you please send the workbook to the following address.
dhawi.otaibi.3@aramco.com

Thanks.

#49 lanka6000

lanka6000

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:34 AM

Hi.

Thank you for your tremendious help in this forum. I am in my first year course in masters program in germany. I would like to do some plant design as part of my final thesis. I will therefore be very happy if you send me the data as you promised in E-mail.

Name: Martin
E-mail: ogbmartso@yahoo.de

thanks

#50 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:49 AM

To All who have posted requesting a copy of my WorkBook on Vessel Volumes:

Attached is a copy of the Workbook. I am unable to make time for responding to each of you personally as I'm accustomed to doing. It is unfortunate that I can't communicate directly with you and address your individual needs because of a lack of time. There simply are too many requests and not enough time. At the last count, there have been approximately 4,150 persons who have read this thread. That's quite a lot of interest and it uplifts me to know that there are Chem Engineering students out there seeking help and resources to be better equipped at their future jobs.

I apologize if I have delayed in making the Workbook available to you any sooner. Please understand that I have tried to make time and have communicated with some of you. I hope the workbook helps you all out in your projects or in your learning experiences and makes your vessel designs (both process and mechancal) both safe and efficient.

Art Montemayor

Quick note from the admin: This attachment is so good, we've moved it to our File Library

Edited by Chris Haslego, 19 November 2012 - 02:17 PM.
Moved to File Library