Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Industrial Placement

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 sunky

sunky

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 06:42 AM

hello evry1,
hapy new year,
i am stephen, a 2nd year chemical engineering student in a uk university, just wondering if any1 can help me out in getting a industrial placement with any good company related to ma course .
cheers mate!!

#2 mbeychok

mbeychok

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 364 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:46 PM

sunky:

When I lived and worked in England for seven years, I was always envious of fact that most English people had a much broader vocabulary than I did and their use of the English language was so much better than mine.

For a student in a UK university, your written use of the language is horrible! If you want help in finding a job, I suggest that you learn to express yourself properly in writing. It is "anyone" and "everyone" ... not "any1" and "evry1". It is "Happy New Year" ... not "hapy new year". It is "UK university" ... not "uk university". It is "I am Stephen" ... not "i am stephen". It is "my course" ... not "ma course". It is "an industrial" ... not "a industrial".

I am sure that you know better. I am also sure that any company seeking to hire a new engineer will expect him/her to be able to write good English.

Milton Beychok
(Resident Grouch ... at times)