Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Gas Absorption

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

• guestGuests
  • 0 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:46 AM

Hi all,

In ammonia process, absorption of CO2 from process gas is carried out by using potassium carbonate solution as absorbent and DEA as activator.
In breif , I need to know about absorption process involved chemical reaction, and how to design such packed columns. Can any one help me?

#2 djack77494

djack77494

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:31 AM

Dr El-Saadi?,
It is hard to adequately address your question without much more specific information. If you are looking to remove large quantities of CO2 as part of a commercial process, then I suggest you contact a licensor for such technologies. Many years back, I worked with a company (and a process) called Benfield that used hot potassium carbonate/bicarbonate solutions to remove acid gases from a reducing gas stream. I believe an amine activator was involved. That sounds a lot like what you are describing. Equilibrium shifted between the bicarbonate and carbonate forms in different parts of the process and was controlled by a variety of factors. In any case, designing such a process requires experience and in-depth knowledge that are not likely to be easily obtained. Hence my suggestion that you contact a licensor.
Good Luck,
Doug

#3 blanchy

blanchy

Brand New Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 03:19 AM

Hi,

You can get the all the information about CO2 absorption and stripping from "gas purification book". Also, I have been working as a process production engineer such a plant. I could may help you.

Sincerely,
blanchy

Hi,

You can get the all the information about CO2 absorption and stripping from "gas purification book"(You can find it at http://www.amazon.com). Also, I have been working as a process production engineer such a plant. I could may help you.

Sincerely,
blanchy