|
|
Fire Supression System For Horizontal Tanks
#1
Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:35 PM
I am currently working on design of a fire fighting system for a fuel storage terminal. So the terminal contains buried horizontal fuel storage tanks. In my review of several NFPA codes I did not come across any information on horizontal tanks. Kindly, refer any relevant nfpa, ip or api standard or share your experience. Any help would be appreciated.
Stored fuel is gasoline (Class I)
#2
Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:34 AM
Please refer OISD 116
#3
Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:22 AM
Hi,
Refer the attachment in post #7 in the link below for horizontal. The attachment shows the sketch for water spray for horizontal tanks as given in NFPA 15.
https://www.cheresou...-in-tank-farms/
Regards,
Ankur.
#4
Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:09 PM
The key is that they are buried. I don't recall having provided fire protection for buried tanks.
Bobby
#5
Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:43 PM
The key is that they are buried. I don't recall having provided fire protection for buried tanks.
Bobby
Bobby,
Top portion of the buried tank has all the pipe and instrumentation connections and is exposed. Any exposed portion requires fire protection. Hope this clarifies fire protection requirement for such a tank.
Regards,
Ankur.
Similar Topics
Sour Water Handling And Treatment SystemStarted by Guest_rizwanogdc@gmail.com_* , 27 Aug 2026 |
|
|
||
In Hysys, For Horizontal Vessel Sizing,Started by Guest_guoyinyanliner_* , 10 Sep 2026 |
|
|
||
Screening Heat & Material Balances Cases For Fire Relief Psv SizinStarted by Guest_powerox6_* , 21 Aug 2026 |
|
|
||
Thermal Relief Valve For A Fire CaseStarted by Guest_QuantumEng_* , 19 Nov 2025 |
|
|
||
Sizing Fire Case Relief Valve Installed Below Liquid LevelStarted by Guest_processrock_* , 14 Apr 2026 |
|
|

FB





